Thursday, September 10, 2015

Some Mom Cartoons


Here are a few of my cartoons about mothers that I have drawn. Please enjoy these.

We open with, frankly, quite an odd cartoon, that I sold to the Chronicle of Higher Education.



Now, here's an Oprah cartoon. She's been off the air a while now, huh? I sold some Oprah-critical cartoons in the early 2000s. Before then, no editor would touch one. The way this country is, I'm sure there's an editor out there today who is asking without irony, "Who's Oprah?"



There is a lot of scholarship and knowledge in reading those labels. There should just be a "this will make you fat" aisle.

Spelling out you mom's name in toast (of course, her name is "mom") is something I would have done as a kid.




Being a parent today is especially challenging. But, hey, if the webcast is popular, then she will be known as "viral mom," huh?



Some tough-love city bird parents.






"Mom Voice Mail:" the most reprinted Mom cartoon I ever drew.



 Using business-related phrases in personal situations = funny.

I like how this guy is prepared to go to the department store's Mother's Day sale!




Cartoons by me, Mike Lynch. All rights reserved.

No comments: