Friday, March 09, 2007

Murray the Bird: Week Four

Here's another week of Murray the Bird strips, a strip proposal I drew up soon after leaving my 9 to 5 job for full-time cartooning.

I forgot how seriously packed with plot this strip was. Murray sued for his freedom, became an indentured servant, and now that he's gotten out of that (see the first strip), he's gotta find gainful employment.

The most fun is looking at Murray's expressions. Sometimes he really looks like an odd bug or creature rather than a bird, but that's OK. It's all fun.

Oh, the idea of two employees not getting along (one a proven, valuable key to the business, and the other a dispensable newcomer) is based on my true office experiences. The boss firing both of them was, I thought, a very funny idea. And, sadly, I'd seen it done in the real world.

  • Murray the Bird week one here.
  • Murray the Bird week two here.
  • Murray the Bird week three here.
  • Murray the Bird week four here.
  • Murray the Bird week five here.
  • Murray the Bird week six here.

No comments: